February, 7, 2011


Ever have those days where you plan your entire day around an appointment, only to find out right before you are going to leave for that appointment that the appointment is tomorrow. ARGH! I had everything ready, carseat out...check, Alivia changed ....check, diaper bag ready...check and car warmed up. I added a pic of my sweet, adorable, cute little girl for your enjoyment!


Oh well instead of going out in the cold I decided to get some much needed work done for the church. My church (Rock Solid Assembly of God) is starting a program called Celebrate Recovery in March, and I was asked to help create a poster for the kickoff. So I spent most of the afternoon working on this poster.

Dinner was a little hectic because normally I start it in the afternoon....I was so into my work i completely forgot to start it till hubby called and told me he was on his way home. I started that frantic search on the internet and through my cookbooks to find something fast and tasty... and decided to make......

Calzones

2 packages of Pizza dough mix
1 egg
1 can mushrooms
1 can pizza sauce
2 to 3 cups of cheese
peperoni


I made the dough according to the instructions flattened out on a greased cookie sheet. Next I spread the sauce on the dough and added the toppings to only one side of the dough. Then I folded the dough over and pinched the edges tight. To create a crispy crust I used the egg to create an egg wash over the calzone. I put this in a 4
400 degree oven for 15 to 20 min.

It turned out delicious I served it with leftover sauce, cheese and mushrooms. This was yet another home run dinner! mmmmm and Yum were heard throughout the meal....those are the best Thank-yous!


Comments

  1. The CR poster is great. Charlie and I lead the CR group at Quail. It is an amazing study. We are getting the most amazing testimonies each week. Yea, God !!!!! Great job, Jenn.

    And the calzone..... mmmmmmmmm It looks delicious! I love the idea. It's something you can have on hand and always be ready for a quick and yummy meal.

    Love your blog. I'll be checking it frequently.

    Love y'all

    Debi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment